Women's Xchange is offering $15,000 in one-time one year (non-renewable) grants to support research projects that address women’s health issues at the local level.
Who Is Eligible For Funding?
You are eligible to apply if you are an individual or group of individuals based in Ontario and affiliated with:
- A registered charitable organization or foundation
- An organization incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation
- An unincorporated branch or chapter of a charitable organization or incorporated not-for-profit organization
- A community agency
- A collaborative of two or more organizations that that are working together to achieve a common goal (with at least one eligible member)
- Universities/Colleges, schools, hospitals are eligible only if they are working with a community agency that involves at least one eligible organization
First time applying for a research grant?
Women’s Xchange can provide guidance throughout the application and research process. With access to a Scientific Lead and assistance in developing academic partnerships, applicants will be supported with regards to developing a research proposal and conducting a successful research study.
What Project Ideas Are Eligible for Funding?
Potential projects may include:
- Identifying unmet needs within a defined community
- Exploring or testing effective solutions to problems
- Increasing the understanding of factors that influence women’s health
What Is Not Eligible For Funding?
- Budget deficits
- Core programming
- Activities or organizations that could be deemed discriminatory, as defined by the Ontario Human Rights Code
- Dollar-for-dollar replacement of government funding
- Direct contributions to annual fundraising drives, capital campaigns, or special fundraising events/campaigns
- New construction or renovations which add to an existing building’s square footage
- The purchase of land or buildings
- Existing programs or activities
- Religious activities