What would you do with $15,000 to improve women’s health?
We are excited to announce an initiative to support grassroots research projects across the province. The $15K Challenge awards $15,000 or more to various organizations who can help advance the health of women and girls.
The next deadline for the $15K Challenge is October 3, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. A Notice of Intent is needed to apply for funding, and must be submitted by September 1, 2016 at 5:00 p.m.
Women’s Xchange is offering $15,000 or more in one-time one year (non-renewable) grants to support research projects that address women’s health issues at the local level. First time applying to a research grant? Women’s Xchange will provide guidance throughout the application and research process. With access to a Scientific Lead and assistance in developing academic partnerships, applicants will be supported with regards to developing a research proposal and conducting a successful research study.
- Small scale projects – This award is available to community organizations or to collaborations between community organizations. Academic organizations can only apply to this funding stream when partnered with a community organization. Each award will be around $15,000 per project.
- Large scale projects – This award is available to academic organizations partnered with community organizations. The principal applicant must be from the academic institution. The goal of the large-scale projects is to more fully engage the community, resulting in a sustainable program or high-impact research. Each award will be around $75,000 per project.
What Project Ideas Are Eligible For Funding?
Potential projects may include:
- Identifying unmet needs within a defined community
- Exploring or testing effective solutions to problems
- Increasing the understanding of factors that influence women’s health
Women’s Xchange will not fund:
- Budget deficits
- Core programming
- Activities or organizations that could be deemed discriminatory, as defined by the Ontario Human Rights Code
- Dollar-for-dollar replacement of government funding
- Direct contributions to annual fundraising drives, capital campaigns, or special fundraising events/campaigns
- New construction or renovations which add to an existing building’s square footage
- The purchase of land or buildings
- Existing programs or activities
- Religious activities
Who Is Eligible For Funding?
You are eligible to apply if you are an individual or group of individuals based in Ontario and affiliated with:
- A registered charitable organization or foundation
- An organization incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation
- An unincorporated branch or chapter of a charitable organization or incorporated not-for-profit organization
- A community agency
- A collaborative of two or more organizations that that are working together to achieve a common goal (with at least one eligible member)
- Universities/Colleges, schools, hospitals are eligible only if they are working with a community agency that involves at least one eligible organization
Academic-community partnerships are required to qualify for large-scale project funding. Women’s Xchange considers an academic to be an individual with a PhD or MD who also holds a current university appointment in Ontario.
Want To Apply?
Click here to learn how you can apply for the $15K Challenge.